Playing Rules - U10 Hurling
Under 10 Hurling - Go-Games Rules
To consolidate the basic technical skills developed at age 7/8 level (grip, ground strike and stop) in an environment where players are also encouraged to strike from the hand and develop tactical awareness/prowess i.e. decide on the best option in terms of making use of and/or creating time and space
- Play to commence with a throw in at the centre.
- A Player may lift the ball from the start.
- A player can take four steps, tap or bounce the sliotar on the hurl & take another four steps before playing it away.
- Solo running with the sliotar on the hurley is not permitted.
- Goalkeeper to restart play after a score or wide with a puck-out.
- All free pucks shall be lift and strike from where the foul occurred.
- Player who is fouled to take the free
- 65’s’ are awarded. These will be taken as a free puck (lift & strike) 32m out from where the ball crossed the line.
- Goalkeeper to advance 10m for puck out after score or wide.
- Players permitted ONE kick of sliotar on the ground, but no score can be kicked
- 3 points when the sliotar is played over the crossbar.
- 1 points when the sliotar is played under the crossbar.
- Skill Point is the Hook (which limits/prevents full strike of ball)
- 40 minute games
- 20 minutes per half.
- 1 game per occasion
Playing The Game
- 9 v 9
- (65-70m) X (40-45m)
- 1 goalkeeper, 3 defenders, 2 midfielders, 3 attackers
- All players to wear a helmet with full facial protection.
- Teams are to be streamed according to their ability
- Well-secured portable goal posts (15’ x 7’ or 4.5m x 2.2m)
- Three Quick Touch (Size 2) sliotars.
Reccomended Playing Area