Playing Rules - U8 Hurling
Under 8 Hurling - Go-Games Rules
To develop the basic technical skills (grip, ground strike and stop) in a controlled competitive environment
- Play commences with a throw in the centre.
- Throw in at centre after score
- Puck out from hand after a wide. Goalkeeper allowed to come out 10m to do this
- At puck outs, the player gets a second chance if he misses first time
- Outfield players to play the sliotar on the ground at all times.
- The goalkeeper is permitted to catch or lift the sliotar into the hand, take four steps and strike it from the hand but is not permitted to solo run with the sliotar on the hurley
- All frees to be taken from the ground directly opposite the goals.
- Player who is fouled to take the free.
- Players are not permitted to kick the sliotar but if the ball strikes the foot or leg of a player this does not constitute a free.
- When a team plays the ball over its own end line, opponents are awarded a free puck from the ground from the 20mt line directly opposite the goal. (A 65 ).
- 3 points when the sliotar is played over the crossbar
- 1 points when the sliotar is played under the crossbar
- 20 minute Game.
- 10 minutes per half.
- At least 2 games per occasion
Playing The Game
- 7 v 7 inc.goalkeepers
- 45m X 30m
- 1 goalkeeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, 2 attackers
- All players to wear a helmet with full facial protection.
- Teams are to be non streamed.
- 2 Zones
- Players must remain in the zone to which they are assigned with the exception of midfielders.
- All players rotate positions after each half
- Well-secured portable goal posts (10’ X 6’ or 3M X 1.8M)
- Quick Touch Sliotars. (First Touch allowed by mutual agreement)
Recommended Playing Area